Saturday, November 17, 2012

Promise

I am putting this out there as a reminder to myself to finish something that I have always wanted to do.  That is the point of this post.  It is for me.  I started this blog today for that very reason.  It is on the internet now and I can't take it back...  I will refrain from deleting it tomorrow! 

I have three unfinished stories sitting in my google drive waiting for an ending.  Characters waiting for their moment.  I have spent months learning all I can about story structure and plot.  The characters and worlds were always in my head I just didn't have the tools to get them where they needed to be.  I didn't have focus.  I would write for hours, days, weeks, just to get it all down.  Then BOOM.  I was completely lost so I would give up.  Some time would pass and new characters and ideas would take me over.  Same thing would happen.  

But who am I?  I don't have a degree.  I am not the best at grammar.  I don't have a large vocabulary.  What I do have is all these people in my head.  They have depth.  They have a story that wants to be told.  

The main problem I have been having is putting it all together.  I think I can do that now.  It won't be perfect but it will be better.  I should be content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment